We have joined a growing community of golf clubs who are taking Sun Protection and the health of members seriously. Skin Cancer is preventable but is now at epidemic levels.
Prevent Skin Cancer by protecting yourself from the sun.
Cleckheaton Golf Club are proud to be recognised as a Sun Protection Accredited Club, having signed up to the Slip! Slap! Swing! sun protection campaign for golf.
As part of our duty of care, we will be raising awareness of sun protection, offering advice on how to reduce the risk of skin cancer to all our members and staff.
For sun protection tips and what to look out for when skin checking,
CLICK HERE >
Devised by the Melanoma Fund, the campaign requires us to undertake the following actions:
- Nominate a Sun Pro Ambassador to promote the campaign.
- Add a sun protection statement to Terms & Conditions of play/Health & Safety policy.
- Display awareness posters and promote the campaign internally, and externally on socials
- Ensure sunscreen is available to purchase in the club.
- Display the Sun Protection Accreditation logo – both digitally and in the club.
If you wish to discuss this further, please speak to our Sun Pro Ambassador. Ask at the Pro Shop for details,View Our Health & Safety >